Wednesday 13 April 2016

reflective journal

I have found keeping a reflective journal to be one of the most valuable tools during my inquiry. It has become a therapeutic exercise at the end of a long day especially if classes have been tough due to stress of an exam or a show or students. It has also allowed me to see how my outlook has changed greatly from this professional inquiry as i have learnt so much about what i thought I already knew. Looking back through it and seeing how my lesson plans have changed and adapted and how i now communicate with my students has made me consider that those in the profession who read my PI could also benefit greatly from it. I feel i have a new understanding of teaching by considering safeguarding as whole and stepping away from my comfort zone; my school, my training, my routine, and using new techniques and ideas. I hope that i can encourage my students to keep a relfective journal as i feel it as been so beneficial to my personal learning and development, as well as a tool for my inquiry

No comments:

Post a Comment